Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Celebrating International Wiskey Day

Having tried Glenfiddich for the first time when I was 16 (ups!), I took a liking to it and it is still my go-to drink if it is part of the line-up for the evening. What I did not know was that there is an International Wiskey Day. Which was yesterday, 27th of March. Geoff Siddle of Sid's Pub called for a "gathering" of like-minded spirits. 

As we are in "lockdown" this was done via Zoom call. Interesting. At some point, there were some 12 people in the session, all toasting, drinking and sharing images of their tipple. Some of the people I have met personally before. Others I might have seen in Sid's, but never talked to.

While I hope we do that again soon, I can't wait to actually go to a pub / bar / restaurant and sit down with people for a real meeting. Allocating a room at home for an office was one thing, but I don't want to make that room a boozer cum office. But for now, it is what it is. See you for Friday Drinks?

(In the context of just having fun I really don't bother about the correct spelling of Whiskey, Wiskey or Whisky. Not risky.)

No comments: