Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Loof erm Rooftop Bars

I like roof-top bars. There is something to the idea of seeing the city from a different perspective. Usually, stepping into a roof-top bar, one also leaves a lot of noise behind. The rush of the streets and the hectic stays at the bottom of the lift. The wind in the hair, closer to the elements, I like a drink in these places:

- Above 11 - Bangkok. On top of Fraser's Suites at the end of Soi 11 Sukhumvit, this is one place I cannot resist. I think it is a combination of being rather relaxed about reservations and not being overly posh and the amazing food

- Brewsky - Bangkok. This one has good beers and is facing in a direction different from most. Sitting at the edge, the view is that of a flatter, less skyscrapered city.

- Loof - Singapore. Not an obvious one, but I like the cosiness, the fact that this is a relatively small place. Hidden a bit, one would have to know it is there. Service is good since the crowd is not that huge. Well, at least not when I go.... Could be cos I am in bed by 10pm.

- Cedar on 15 - Malaysia Not strictly a roof-top bar, but I like the feeling of it. Set back a bit, and not way up, the 15th floor gives an nice high and full-width view of the Twin Towers. There are some others nearby, but I feel that the view is not as grand as one is too close and only gets a cut-out.

- Sala - Malaysia. Their opening promo was a shot of Jameson for RM 1 with a RM 1 beer. Now, that got people hooked. Stunning view towards the eastern side of the Klang valley with easy access to the place make it still a good spot even if prices have changed. If you have your marriage registered across the street, this is a phantastic spot to spend the night (and stay in the Sheraton) so you just lumber over to ROM at 7:45am.

I know, I know. There are more than these and some might be "better". Being a creature of habit, I typically stick with the places I find and like when I first try them.

No comments: