Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Bukit Nanas - THE Best Park in Kuala Lumpur?

You have seen the movie "The Beach"? Yes, that one. With Leonardo. Where they go off to keep a beach a secret cos they don't want it to be ruined by millions of tourists coming. And then the movie got millions of tourists going to THAT beach and ruining it. Ironic. I hope that this is not going the same way when I write about this little gem in the heart of Kuala Lumpur now. Ok, I am not as famous as Leo yet. I have won the award I really wanted faster than him though ;-)

I have been many times and I think that the park around Bukit Nanas is one of the best things Kuala Lumpur has to offer. Typically, I would park down below, near the Shangri-La hotel. Then make the "hike" up to the base of the KL Tower. There is an entrance, kinda unassuming, the leads into the actual park, which is a natural and genuine plot of rainforest. The vegitation is dense and a 45 minute hike would take one down to the other side, near the "Old Malaya". Several spots offer some education on the flora and fauna around.

The hanging bridges offer a bit of excitement. However, what I like about this park is that it is not widely publicised and not many know about this. If one is to go on a Sunday morning, there are hardly any people. A 45 minute walk through the dense forest let's one forget that the park is surrounded by a busy metropolis that Kuala Lumpur is. The best part is that it is free. And close to Yut Kee (https://www.facebook.com/镒记茶餐室-Yut-Kee-Jalan-Kamunting-122180941222145/) ! The idea is, of course, to go on that hike in time to make it to the restaurant at 11:15 latest.

No comments: