Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Saturday, June 12, 2021

When you have more shoes than your wife

 

I like shoes. Different ones for various purposes. Several pairs of running shoes. Dress shoes. Boots, sandals, leather, some laced and others slip-on. Really liking my army surplus boots that I got in Kyoto while on a trip with Hino. We had the opportunity to explore the shopping district and I homed in on Seabees... Like, what else would you get in Japan?

Each pair of dress shoes is fitted with its own pair of shoe trees. I try to avoid wearing the same pair two days in a row as the leather needs to dry up and wearing shows too often then damages them. The shoetrees are, as they should be, wooden, so that they can absorb the moisture and keep the shoe in shape.

Not that I go very far these days, but when I do, I make sure to wear comfortable footwear. With no meetings going on right now, I am only leisurely prancing about. Hence, sporty shoes are the theme of the year. The more radical ones are yellow (https://twitter.com/brucelee/status/327146630237265921) to be worn with dark blue jeans. 

Breaking in new shoes is a bit funny these days as I am wearing them for some time walking around the apartment. Admitted, that IS strange. Strange, but equally interesting is the idea to have your own shoes designed: https://www.onitsukatigermagazine.com/?p=33447&lang=en I guess, this is for my next trip to Japan, once we can fly me to the moon again. 

What's with the boxes up there you ask... Ahhhh, just you wait. 


No comments: