Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My First Review Video

 


While in lockdown, I had a bit of time to surf YouTube. There are a lot of so-called "unboxing" videos. Usually, they contain boxes and the producers of said videos speak about the box they are un-ing a bit as well. 

I had the opportunity for a unboxing of a rather big item. Thanks to Daihatsu Malaysia, I had the pleasure of driving one of their vans. Two actually as I had the pick up and panel van variants available. Nudged on by their marketing department, I actually made use of a relaxed lockdown at the time and went grocery shopping with the van to create my first video review.

One learns....The one thing that is crucial is location, location and... location. Nothing beats a good background when you want to pose a good looking vehicle like this. 

The other, really important thing is a steady hand. I had a selfie stick lying around (Don't ask!) and I thought I put that to good use. I guess this needs a bit of practice as the video turned out a bit shaky. And not in the good sense of The Blair Witch Project. 

Never thought that a van could be that much fun. But the cuteness overload of the Gran Max, its punchy engine (when driving manual) and the excitement of doing something different made for some solid fun. 


Those interested in a written review can find it here: https://asiantrucker.com/images/ALL-MAGAZINES/malaysia/download_items/2021/at59__rev_copy_1.pdf

Now that my inner Coppola is awakened, I might do some more unboxing videos. Maybe not with my latest pair of shoes? I have something else on order that I am eagerly waiting for to get my hands on.


No comments: