Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

At the movies

 Ahhhh, movies. Sit down, get transported into another world, educate yourself or just let it wash over you as a form of entertainment. I have been spending money on movies in the local cinema since I was 6 years old and legally allowed into the theater for movies rated accordingly.

I usually want to try first before I make a judgement. But,... in the case of modern superhero movies...Time and again, I am disappointed. What are these about??????? What is it that people like about them? DC or Marvel makes no difference to me. It is all the same. Just glaring colours, loudness, effects and clipped, silly monologues.

Yesterday I watched "Aquaman". What amazes me is that I managed to make it to the credits at the end. 
It might be something others find amazing or enjoy. I did not. Ask me to write a monograph for this and it would be "Fish woman has sex with guy, Bish, Bang, BOOOOOM, Dang dang.... Fatz, Pow!!!!"

The other day put on the "Stargate" DVD. The original movie with Russet and Balder. What a difference. 

No comments: