Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Learned Nothing

 


(Original picture taken by me while on the way to work. This is on Federal Highway heading towards KLCC. We were all stuck in a jam, so my car wasn't moving at the time of the snap)

Apparently, the pandemic has allowed us to re-evaluate some things. The spread of the Corona virus was to be stemmed by taking simple precautions. Here I find myself wondering about this as I observe:

- People standing so close to me when they line up for anything that they are competing with my clothes for skin contact

- Food sellers don't wear masks. Their customers do. I already have a small issue with the vendors handling money, then the produce, then scratch their behind, smoke while they hover over the goods....

- What is it with these buttons we now have to press to open doors instead of motion sensors? 

- A nearby supermarket sells frozen beef / lamb / chicken cubes. There are thongs to handle the meats. Of course, some fella is in the freezer, up to his shoulders and grappling EVERY single bit of frozen meat with his bare hands....

- Rubbish everywhere, of the mask type. Since when is it ok to just throw your used face mask into the street. Oh wait, yes, we like a good flooding and clogging up the drains will help. 

No comments: