Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

How Much Get Movie Critics Paid?

 "Movie Critic" is  a job as I understand it. I find it fascinating that one could make enough money with writing reviews of movies. There are what, two or three new movies a week? Being a movie critic would certainly not be a job that is based on volume produced. Surely, one would have to spend time watching each movie, some maybe even twice, then do research, and also know stuff around the world of cinema. 

Yet, I am intrigued by the fact that one could make a living with this. Or do movie critics have side incomes? Or is being a movie critic a side income?

No, I don't mean to belittle the profession as I oftentimes read reviews before watching a flick. I am just curious about how this works. 

No comments: