Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Sunday, May 9, 2021

THE LOCKDOWN CHRONICLES

 


While we are still in the middle of the pandemic, I expect that we are looking back in five years, saying “Wow, what weird times that were!” Talking to friends, business partners, family and complete strangers, I realise that there are loads of awesome stories that each person has to tell about how they experienced the Covid-19 pandemic.

I know of people that had to wait almost a year to see their new-born child. Others had to postpone flights back home the last minute as they tested positive for Covid. During the lockdown, clueless husbands wandered the empty isles of supermarkets, trying to get the right packet of some bizarre noodle for the family hiding at home. All these fragments need to be preserved. I would hate to see how we lose all these awesome stories about how people had role-play dinners at home or ran a marathon in their homes.

Please send me YOUR story from the lockdown. It can be anything. An account of one day, a month, a sad occurrence, although I rather much want the fun stuff. How did you prepare for the weeks locked up at home. The wild things that you did in order to make it through this unique period of time. I would want to collate these stories, edit and eventually publish them as a collection of “The Lockdown Chronicles”. Anything goes: short or long stories, work related or purely at home or how you perceived the rise of Zoom. I am sure it will be an amazing read. And while I am based in Malaysia, it could be from anywhere in the world. I am not looking for print-perfect language, but YOUR story; how you felt and went about things.

Send your text in any editable format to chronicles@launchpad.com.my

Thanks for your contribution!

No comments: