Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Abstinence from various sorts of worldly pleasures

Here is a list of my possessions in my "Home" in Singapore:
2 Laptops (work and private)
1 Cheap Matrass from the DIY shop
2 Books (1 on Reseach, 1 on Strategy formation)
1 Toaster, my dear friend which has followed me through 4 courntries on 2 continents
1 Coffe plunger
1 Empty fridge (which is not mine)
Some clothes
a Stone I talk to when I am bored

Today I had to tough task to take our plants outside. As we cannot (well, we could. But quarantene and procedure are more complicated than for a dog) take them to Malaysia, I have given all our two dozen plants away for adoption. A sign on the palm announces that they are up for grabs. Hopefully they will find some caring people that will grow them, talk to them and make them proud parents of beautiful offspring. I am just happy we are not living on the second floor. Man, these plants get heavy over time!

On October 19th we have to hand over our apartment. I will need to see where I can seek refuge as I may have to stay in Singapore for some more days. Later I will check out some bridges to see if there are any good places available to camp. Too bad I don't have a car. Could camp out in front of the office. Like the guy who worked in the dispatch of one furniture company. His wife kicked him out and he moved into a container in the factory.

In 3 weeks time my membership in the fitness center expires, so does road tax for the bike. Place is falling apart and I am in the middleofit!

Alright, time to hit the cheap foam roll.

No comments: