Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Un-appetising Cooking Shows

 


Disclaimer 1: I do not know this person, I have no issues with him. This is not about a personality of any contender in any of the shows I am referring to. This image is purely to illustrate a point I am getting to and is in no way meant to evaluate the skills of this chef. I do not intent to insult the chef shown or question any of his life's choices. All not for me to comment on. 

Disclaimer 2: This is not my image. If you are the image owner and would like me to remove it, I will. 

NOW! To the point. I have been watching a few shows where contestants have to bake or cook. Desserts, 3-course meals, amateurs, Iron Chefs. All of that. I noticed that in many shows contestants wear singlets. I have yet to see a hair net. Rarely does one see a contestant use gloves when handling food items. 

I find that slightly revolting. I imagine that facial, arm pit or other hairs might end up on / in the food. Singlets??? Should it not be at least a T-Shirt? We ask kitchen helpers in food courts to wear hairnets. Why not in a cooking show where we have women with long hair not having to tie up their mane... Now a new ruling comes in force in my neck of the woods that anyone in the F&B industry has to wear a face mask at work. 

Is there a different standard for hygiene when it comes to cooking show to enhance the showmanship? 

#Cooking #thinking #Hair #Hygiene #Cleanliness #Food #Preparation #Contestants #Competition #TVShow 

No comments: