Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Friday, May 15, 2009

My apology to mother Earth - And who is to blame

I am not a tree hugger. Nor am I a big fan of accentuated activities like Earth hour. However, I try to do my best to preserve the resources we have, waste less and use eco-freindly products whenever I can.

For a while I have tried public transport. This morning I have been pushed over the cliff though. Once a week I work in a place 20 Km away from home. The train station is just across the street and on the other side a short taxi ride will take me there.

I rocked up at the train station at 7:30, scheduled train at 7:47. Cancelled and the next one at 8:07. Nice in the heat here. Eventually the train arrives, leaves late and takes over 1 hour to get to the place I have to get off. Then the taxi drivers tell me that they charge three times the metered amount for the 2 minute ride. Total time spent: 2 hours for 20 Km. I was running this in the Hong Kong Marathon.

Sorry guys, next time I am going to call my Taxi-Man with his worn out taxi that burns oil and uses fuel as lubricant. Somehow, 4 hours of commuting is not worth 8 hours of work...

No comments: