Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

I WANT a BRT


 Photo taken at 6:35am, on the way to the office. This is 3 lanes, plus the emergency lane open for commuters. To avoid snailing along this road, one has to be through the toll at my place by 6:30 latest. Even then, it is slow progress. Sometimes, if one misses that window, say at 6:45, it can take almost an hour to go the 20 Km to my office.

This is where I really wish there was a BRT, Bus Rapid Transit System. Sometimes, I just go to the office and back. No need to have a car around. A BRT here, I believe, would calm a lot of people that would benefit from not having to drive. As a side effect, I am sure the CO2 emissions would be drastically reduced. 

I like driving. I like the car I am currently drive. However, I think there is a massive upside to being driven around and not having to worry about folks on small motorbikes thrashing into your vehicle as they blast through the rows of cars crawling towards town. 

No comments: