Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Thursday, April 11, 2024

An Excercise in Logistics


This was wild: Needed to deliver magazines to Bangkok. About 40Kg.

Checked with a transporter I have interviewed a few times. Got the cost to get the goods there. 
Decided to check a budget airline flight. Much cheaper. So, I 

Got up at 3am
Drove to the airport
Checked in a bag full of my magazines
Had breakfast
Flew to Bangkok. Landed 8:05 local time
Met with my colleague, 8:30
Dropped off the goods, 9:30 (Jam in BKK, you know)
Early lunch in Tok La Dee, where they recognise me from my many visits
12:00 back to airport, checked in, no bags, just a passport and cash
Have a beer
Arrive back in Kuala Lumpur Intern. Airport at 5pm local time
Dinner at home

Reduced transportation cost by 60 % with a story to tell. 

No comments: