Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Rem(a)inders of the Pandemic


I am amazed to see so many places in Malaysia still having such signs up. These have been put up during the pandemic, in a haste most often and somehow they have become part of the deco it seems.


 Even thermometers on tripods are still standing around in some places. While it has been uh, "an experience" to live through a pandemic, I would have thought that people are quick to remove these reminders of this period. Especially eateries, which had to struggle to keep their doors open. 

What amazes me is that people still spit in the streets and I sometimes see cooks from eateries exiting bathrooms without washing their hands. I guess we all don't learn so well from traumatic experiences like a pandemic. Now, you could / should of course ask what I have changed in my life. 

No comments: