Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Musical Chairs - Sounds Bad to Me

 


As I walked into this eatery at 5:15pm, I steered towards the table you see here. I wanted a beer before dinner. The "auntie" running a food stall in this locale came to me and asked me to sit at another table. I asked why she would want me to do so and the answer was "This table I need for my customers..." Ok, so I am already not a customer?

While having a beer, I had half an eye on the table. In 45 minutes not one "Customer" sat at this table. In fact, only two people came to buy take-out food. My table was the same size, had the same utensils on it as well as the same type of soy sauce. Identical twins in every respect, except for the position. My preference was still the other table I wanted at first.

Finishing my beverage, the auntie and her team settled on another table to have dinner. I ambled over and said "You asked me not to sit at that table. I am so glad that there have been so many people sitting at it. Now, since you didn't let me sit there as a customer, I won't dinner eat here. My wife, who is on the way to join me won't eat here either. And in future, I will have my beer somewhere else..."

No comments: