Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Friday, April 3, 2020

The Home Office

Somehow, it just turned out that way. For the past 15 years I have had a home office and much of the work was / is done there. There are some aspects that I totally enjoy. For instance I can just wear a T-Shirt and shorts. Certain quarters suggest one should get dressed as if going to the office. Am I glad that sometimes I actually go to the office in T-Shirt and shorts. 

The other thing is the convenience of being able to start working right away, without a lenghty commute. Even on a good day, it would still take me some 30 minutes to get to the office. Naps are cool too as one just lumbers out of the office, into the living room and puts in a bit of shut-eye.

What I enjoy most is to get into the office at around 5:30 am. Coffee in hand one can attack the email, get ideas sorted and send out work to staff. By the time one would go to the office, others are busy handling these and the day takes a whole different pace. Over the years, this has proven to be highly effective and efficient. 

When it comes to a "after work drink" the home office is also a cool idea. Not having to worry about driving or display of embarrasing behaviour when the booze kicks in, the office supply of cold beers is having its advantages.

There are, of course, a lot of advantages in working in an office. I think I write about that soon too.



No comments: