Search Stefan's Blog for Stuff

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Getting It Right!

Right after our vacation in Hokkaido (Japan, yes, that one) the missus asked where we should go to spend our birthdays. I suggested Osaka (Japan, yes, that again). She asked why I would want to go there and what the obsession with the place is.

The answer is simple: things just work. If the schedule says the bus arrives at 8:19, it arrives at 8:19. Items listed in the food menu are actually available. Even without local language skills I get to buy / see / experiene what I want to.

In some ways, the place is a bit quirky. For instance, a local shoe brand has 2 lines. One offers shoes made in Japan, the other looks similar and the products are made in Indonesia or Vietnam. Japanese are known for a lot of things, but not for being overly tall. It comes very much as a surprise that a specific model we wanted was not available in a small size for the locally made range. Trust me, Mrs Pertz is of normal height and her feet are equally average.

Then again, they have a allohol vending machine in the hotel. I think they just get some things very right.

No comments: